Since inception of the college, in the year 1996, the Department of English has been effectively functional. The Department stands focused to its Ideals in imparting knowledge and preparing the students towards achieving academic excellence through the acquisition of core competence in language skills in relation to its application & relevance for engineering professionals, and also in giving students practice for developing the four basic skills: Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing.
- To impart a salient and sound linguistic competence and the ability to communicate effectively in English
- To trigger learner enthusiasm and nurtue students’ interest and passion in the study and practice of languages, as part of the curriculum
- To enable the students to emerge confident and successful professionals capable of excellent enunciation and communicative competence in interpersonal and operational work situations.
- To impart quality education to students aiming to develop effective communication skills, competence and abilities to express themselves in English and in other chosen languages.
- To make exciting changes in traditional concepts, effect advancement to teaching and learning activities and discover new layers of knowledge and skill that are relevant for the profession.
- To create through brilliance, dedication, inspiration and effectiveness, an environment, which is conducive for learning and acquisition of communicative skills.
- To instill and sustain in students, flair for technical and professional writing and editing, through creation of a centre for excellence in writing in the department.
- Confidence building and personality development programmes for the students in close coordination with training cell.
- To hone cognitive and communicative abilities of students so as to perform effectively in Group Discussions and to improve their performance in interviews, thereby ensuring excellent placements in companies of repute
Short Term Goals
- To make scholarly efforts in awakening the young minds, discover and develop their talents both in oral and in written communication through dedication, teaching, constant commitment to excellence and application of innovative instructional methods.
- To transform the personality of 10+2 students and engineer them towards a bright future ensured through developing their communication skills, analytical skills, inter- personal and organizational skills, core-competence and confidence building measures with right attitude.
- To make the department academically vibrant and build coalitions in support of the developmental activities that will promote its growth of the College.
- To organize centers of activities for Human Resource Development and Management and make creative quality and critical contributions in areas of emphasis and demonstrate a high level of competence in the use of language.
- Commenced Literary Association in the year 1999
- Established Language Laboratory in 2005 even before its introduction in the Anna University Curriculum
- Procured additional software on Grammar, Pronunciation and language skills to promote autonomous learning – 2008
- Enabled knowledge sharing and updation by organizing National Conferences, Workshops and FDPs for teachers of English Language – 2012,2013,2014
- Established extensive academic linkage with schools through training the teachers of schools on Language and soft skills, exposing students to autonomous learning by using software in lab, conducting LANGBEE – Inter-school literary competitions – 2011, 2013, 2014
Long term Goals
- To equip students with Business English proficiency so as to obtain credentials in Business English from the University of Cambridge.
- To commence Japanese and French classes and provide wide options for the students.
National and International Journal
Recent Posts / View All Posts
Welcome to SRM Easwari Engineering College Sites. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
A ONE DAY WORKSHOP ON “ADVANCED READING & WRITING” 10 th January 2019
LITERARY ASSOCIATION INAUGURATION & GUEST LECTURE (more…)
Easwari Engineering College Department of English (more…)